There for a while, I was actually worried. Would I be able to get the latest project done on time? Would it be right? Would the customer be happy?
Well, I’m happy to report that I finished two days early, it’s been tested as well as it could be here, and the customer is pleased thus far.
Along the way, the customer made a few changes to the project, and added some things to the project that weren’t in the TRDs and I hadn’t anticipated. After many long nights, and 430 hours over the last 2.5 months (thanks to BKeeney Software, for the excellent Task Timer app), I managed to whip it.
I had a great deal of fun, and have been informed that the customer will be keeping me on for a while to take care of any issues (and with any luck beyond that). I had a lot of fun working with these guys, and look forward to doing it again in the future. Their on-staff developers are very talented and cooperative.
I’ve also lined up another project to begin in May, where I’ll be writing new software for a company’s line of Windows Mobile-based handheld devices. I’ve developed in eVB and .NET Compact Framework before, so I know it won’t be exceptionally difficult.
After that I’ll be working on some web-based apps for one of my current customers. This is going to be an amazing year.